Minister Bang attends ceremony declaring investments made by 4 U.S. companies 2023-11-21
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Bang Moon Kyu attended a ceremony on November 15 in San Francisco, held on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit meetings, for the declaration of $1.2 billion worth of investments made in Korea by four U.S. companies.
The minister gave a message of encouragement and stated that the investments will greatly contribute to stabilizing Korea's semiconductor industry supply chain and strengthening the Korea-U.S. alliance in advanced industries, and added that efforts will continue to improve the investment environment and remove “killer” regulations as part of follow-up measures.
The ceremony was attended by representatives of the four U.S. companies that pledged investments in Korea, namely GM, DuPont, IMC and Ecolab, as well as the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA).
- Trade Minister meets with Bulgaria's Economy and Industry Minister 2023-12-07
- Korea and EU hold 1st Industrial Supply Chain Policy Dialogue meeting 2023-12-06
- Minister chairs conference with CTOs on Comprehensive Strategy for Global Technology Cooperation 2023-12-06
- Korea and China hold 5th bilateral FTA Joint Committee Meeting 2023-12-05
- Minister holds luncheon conference with Japan's METI Minister 2023-12-05
- Vice Minister attends NetZero Nuclear Initiative support declaration ceremony 2023-12-05
- Vice Minister attends Critical Mineral Recycling Forum 2023 2023-12-01
- Korea and UAE declare mutual support for CFE and Net Zero Nuclear Initiatives 2023-11-28