Korea, US kick off talks to amend Korea-US FTA 2018-01-06
Director General for Trade Policy Bureau Yoo Myung-hee (right) of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) discussed amendments of the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement (KORUS FTA) with Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Japan, Korea and APEC Michael Beeman (left) in Washington D.C. on January 5, 2018.
Officials of the MOTIE and the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) met in the Office of the USTR for the first round of negotiations on amendments of the KORUS FTA. The two countries’ delegations discussed their priority areas of interest and agreed to set the schedule for the next meeting in the near term.
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11
- Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
- Minister Sung signs action plan with Vietnamese counterpart to boost trade cooperation 2018-12-06
- Minister Sung delivers speech at conference for attracting Busan World Expo 2030 2018-12-04
- Industry Ministry and OECD host joint forum on business innovation in Seoul 2018-11-23
- Minister Sung meets with U.S. Ambassador to Korea Harry Harris 2018-11-16
- Minister Sung chairs meeting with automakers and auto parts suppliers 2018-11-14
- Minister Sung meets with Canadian Senate Speaker George Furey 2018-11-12