Follow-up FTA talks with China 2018-01-05
Deputy Minister for Trade Kang Sung-chun spoke at a public hearing on the follow-up negotiations for the Korea-China Free Trade Agreement (FTA) at the COEX in Southern Seoul on January 5, 2018.
The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy hosted the public hearing to gather opinions from interested parties and experts ahead of starting negotiations to expand the Korea-China FTA to include trade in services and investments. The public hearing is one of the domestic procedures required under Article 7 of the “Act on the Conclusion Procedure and Implementation of Commercial Treaties.”
The Deputy Minister’s opening remarks were followed by presentations about promising Chinese service sectors for Korean industries and the economic impacts of the follow-up negotiations for further trade liberalization in services and investments. A panel discussion and a question and answer session were also arranged to address the direction of the FTA negotiations and the demands of the domestic industries.
The public hearing was attended by around 200 trade experts and practitioners including Sung Han-kyoung, professor at the University of Seoul, and Lee Jae-min, professor at the Seoul National University.
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11
- Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
- Minister Sung signs action plan with Vietnamese counterpart to boost trade cooperation 2018-12-06
- Minister Sung delivers speech at conference for attracting Busan World Expo 2030 2018-12-04
- Industry Ministry and OECD host joint forum on business innovation in Seoul 2018-11-23
- Minister Sung meets with U.S. Ambassador to Korea Harry Harris 2018-11-16
- Minister Sung chairs meeting with automakers and auto parts suppliers 2018-11-14
- Minister Sung meets with Canadian Senate Speaker George Furey 2018-11-12