Minister Paik visits Vietnam for industrial cooperation 2018-02-05
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Paik Ungyu (second from left) shook hands with Vietnam’s Industry and Trade Minister Tran Tuan Anh (second from right) at the Korea-Vietnam Business Roundtable at a hotel in Ho Chi Minh City on February 2.
After delivering his opening remarks at the meeting, Minister Paik discussed ways to support Korean companies in Vietnam and address their challenges through policies of the Korean and Vietnamese governments.
The roundtable was attended by about 30 government officials and corporate representatives, including Korea’s Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Lim Jae-hoon, Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT) President Kim Hak-do, and Samsung Electronics Vietnam General Director Shim Won-hwan.
Later that day, Minister Paik also held the eighth meeting of the Korea-Vietnam Joint Committee on Industrial Cooperation and the second meeting of the Korea-Vietnam Joint Committee on the Implementation of the Free Trade Agreement, which took effect on December 20, 2015.
- Minister Paik conducts site visit to SK Hynix 2018-07-30
- Trade Minister meets US chief trade negotiator 2018-07-28
- Ministry turns to deregulation drive for new growth engines 2018-07-24
- Trade Minister meets with NEC director to call for US car tariff exemptions 2018-07-21
- South Korea, Canada discuss joint response to US auto tariffs 2018-07-19
- Minister Paik lectures on policy direction for industrial innovation 2018-07-19
- Trade Minister exchanges views with advisors on trade issues 2018-07-16
- Vice Minister marks opening of Korean exhibit at trade fair in Russia 2018-07-09