Vice Minister Lee speaks at 16th International Energy Forum in New Delhi 2018-04-12
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Lee Inho (center) explained Korea’s cases of energy innovation at the 16th International Energy Forum held in New Delhi, India from April 10 to 12 (India time).
During a presentation on the last day of the three-day forum, Vice Minister Lee highlighted the importance of technology innovation for improving energy efficiency and sustainability, gave examples of Korea’s original energy technologies, and introduced Korea’s energy transformation roadmap planned for realization of energy transformation and its current technological development status.
Vice Minister Lee emphasized that Korea has made efforts in creating energy technologies that can improve capacity for energy sufficiency and underpin economic development. He then went on to stress that the country has prioritized an energy transformation agenda aiming to increase the proportion of renewable energies and natural gas fuel and that it plans to apply Fourth Industrialization Revolution technologies (artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, and big data systems) to the energy industry.
Vice Minister Lee also met with leaders from other countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Vietnam, to discuss cooperation in energies as well as other areas.
- Minister Sung discusses with Korean business representatives in Kazakhstan 2019-04-22
- Minister Sung convenes breakfast meeting with Korean business leaders in Uzbekistan 2019-04-19
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with ADB President Nakao in Manila 2019-04-17
- Korea, Philippines hold trade ministerial meeting in Manila 2019-04-17
- Minister Sung and Turkmen Finance Minister vow to step up cooperation in industry and energy 2019-04-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US Senator Rob Portman in Seoul 2019-04-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with UK Ambassador to Korea Simon Smith 2019-04-11
- Korea, EU trade chiefs co-chair 8th FTA Trade Committee Meeting in Seoul 2019-04-09