Vice Minister Lee speaks at 16th International Energy Forum in New Delhi 2018-04-12
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Lee Inho (center) explained Korea’s cases of energy innovation at the 16th International Energy Forum held in New Delhi, India from April 10 to 12 (India time).
During a presentation on the last day of the three-day forum, Vice Minister Lee highlighted the importance of technology innovation for improving energy efficiency and sustainability, gave examples of Korea’s original energy technologies, and introduced Korea’s energy transformation roadmap planned for realization of energy transformation and its current technological development status.
Vice Minister Lee emphasized that Korea has made efforts in creating energy technologies that can improve capacity for energy sufficiency and underpin economic development. He then went on to stress that the country has prioritized an energy transformation agenda aiming to increase the proportion of renewable energies and natural gas fuel and that it plans to apply Fourth Industrialization Revolution technologies (artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, and big data systems) to the energy industry.
Vice Minister Lee also met with leaders from other countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Vietnam, to discuss cooperation in energies as well as other areas.
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11
- Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
- Minister Sung signs action plan with Vietnamese counterpart to boost trade cooperation 2018-12-06
- Minister Sung delivers speech at conference for attracting Busan World Expo 2030 2018-12-04
- Industry Ministry and OECD host joint forum on business innovation in Seoul 2018-11-23
- Minister Sung meets with U.S. Ambassador to Korea Harry Harris 2018-11-16
- Minister Sung chairs meeting with automakers and auto parts suppliers 2018-11-14
- Minister Sung meets with Canadian Senate Speaker George Furey 2018-11-12