Minister Paik hosts first public-private meeting for industrial innovation and growth 2018-05-11
Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy Paik Ungyu (left) hosted the first Industry Innovation 2020 Platform meeting to discuss strategies for industrial innovation and growth with business leaders and academics in Seoul on May 11.
Through the Industry Innovation 2020 Platform launched by the Ministry, the public and private sectors will draw up a detailed roadmap to achieve results of industrial innovation by 2020 and cooperate to overcome obstacles in the process.
During the meeting, participants discussed investment activities and job creation in new industries such as electric and self-driving cars, new energies, semiconductors and displays, Internet of Things (IoT) home appliances, and biohealth. They also tackled issues related to improving regulations across these industries.
Minister Paik said that the public and private sectors should coordinate their efforts to uncover opportunities that could bring significant progress in terms of investments and jobs in these new industries, and called for participation in building innovative industrial ecosystems.
Some 30 participants attended the meeting, and among them were corporate leaders including Doosan Group Vice Chairman Park Gee-won, Samsung Electronics President Yoon Boo-keun, and Emart Inc. CEO Lee Gap-su.
- Minister Paik pushes for Korea-Singapore ties in industry, energy, and trade 2018-05-15
- Minister Paik hosts first public-private meeting for industrial innovation and growth 2018-05-11
- Ministry signs MOU with GM to advance Korean auto industry 2018-05-10
- Ministry launches task force to study effect of re-imposed US sanctions on Iran 2018-05-09
- Minister Paik discusses Korea-Japan industrial and trade ties 2018-05-08
- Minister Paik discusses energy cooperation with Japanese tech leader 2018-05-08
- Minister Paik talks with Saudi counterpart to improve energy and industrial ties 2018-05-04
- Minister Paik attends Korea-Turkey business forum 2018-05-02