Minister Paik hosts first public-private meeting for industrial innovation and growth 2018-05-11
Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy Paik Ungyu (left) hosted the first Industry Innovation 2020 Platform meeting to discuss strategies for industrial innovation and growth with business leaders and academics in Seoul on May 11.
Through the Industry Innovation 2020 Platform launched by the Ministry, the public and private sectors will draw up a detailed roadmap to achieve results of industrial innovation by 2020 and cooperate to overcome obstacles in the process.
During the meeting, participants discussed investment activities and job creation in new industries such as electric and self-driving cars, new energies, semiconductors and displays, Internet of Things (IoT) home appliances, and biohealth. They also tackled issues related to improving regulations across these industries.
Minister Paik said that the public and private sectors should coordinate their efforts to uncover opportunities that could bring significant progress in terms of investments and jobs in these new industries, and called for participation in building innovative industrial ecosystems.
Some 30 participants attended the meeting, and among them were corporate leaders including Doosan Group Vice Chairman Park Gee-won, Samsung Electronics President Yoon Boo-keun, and Emart Inc. CEO Lee Gap-su.
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11
- Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
- Minister Sung signs action plan with Vietnamese counterpart to boost trade cooperation 2018-12-06
- Minister Sung delivers speech at conference for attracting Busan World Expo 2030 2018-12-04
- Industry Ministry and OECD host joint forum on business innovation in Seoul 2018-11-23
- Minister Sung meets with U.S. Ambassador to Korea Harry Harris 2018-11-16
- Minister Sung chairs meeting with automakers and auto parts suppliers 2018-11-14
- Minister Sung meets with Canadian Senate Speaker George Furey 2018-11-12