Korea, MERCOSUR convene first round of negotiations for trade agreement 2018-09-12
Korean government officials led by the Trade Ministry’s Director General for Free Trade Agreement Negotiations Kim Ki-joon (center) met with their counterparts from the South American trade bloc, MERCOSUR, led by Director General for Integration and MERCOSUR Affairs of the Uruguayan Foreign Ministry Valeria Csukasi (second from left) to convene the first round of negotiations for a trade agreement between the two parties in Montevideo, Uruguay, on September 11.
During the initial round of negotiations, scheduled from Sept. 11 to 15, the Korean delegation will seek greater market access to South America for Korean businesses in all areas, including goods, services, investments, electronic commerce, and technical barriers to trade (TBTs).
At the meeting, Director General Kim said that the Korean government will make efforts to improve the Asian country’s trade and investment environment in South America by reaching trade agreements with MERCOSUR nations.
- Trade Minister Kim discusses changing trade conditions with commercial attaches 2019-02-13
- Vice Minister Cheong to lead efforts for public-private investment promotion 2019-02-12
- Industry Ministry announces 1st set of ‘regulatory sandbox’ cases for new business models 2019-02-11
- Trade Minister Kim discusses export promotion strategies for 2019 2019-02-11
- Minister Sung discusses industrial revitalization and innovation with think tank leaders 2019-02-07
- Trade Minister Kim extends outreach to US lawmakers 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim talks with Trump administration’s economic team 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim meets with US Senator Steve Daines in Washington, DC 2019-01-31