Minister Paik attends groundbreaking ceremony for nation’s largest solar power plant 2018-09-13
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Paik Ungyu (third from left) delivered a speech at the groundbreaking ceremony of Yeongam Solar Power Plant construction in Yeongam, Jeollanam-do on September 12.
During his remarks, Minister Paik emphasized that renewable energy is not only clean and safe but also a new growth engine that creates new investment opportunities and quality jobs.
This solar power plant project aims to build the largest of its kind in Korea that would provide 120,000 MWh of energy per year to about 30,000 households.
The event was attended by about 50 participants, including Jeollanam-do’s Vice Governor for Political Affairs Yoon Byeong-tae and Korea South-East Power Co. President Lyu Hyang-reol.
- Trade Minister Kim discusses changing trade conditions with commercial attaches 2019-02-13
- Vice Minister Cheong to lead efforts for public-private investment promotion 2019-02-12
- Industry Ministry announces 1st set of ‘regulatory sandbox’ cases for new business models 2019-02-11
- Trade Minister Kim discusses export promotion strategies for 2019 2019-02-11
- Minister Sung discusses industrial revitalization and innovation with think tank leaders 2019-02-07
- Trade Minister Kim extends outreach to US lawmakers 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim talks with Trump administration’s economic team 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim meets with US Senator Steve Daines in Washington, DC 2019-01-31