Minister Sung appreciates progress made in display industry at 9th Display Day 2018-10-01
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo appreciated the progress made in the Korean display industry and referred to it as an exemplary case of innovation-driven growth at the celebration of the 9th Display Day in Seoul on October 1.
During his speech at the ceremony, Minister Sung said the Ministry will provide full policy support for the display sector to develop next-generation display panels after liquid-crystal displays (LCDs) and organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), foster world-class OLED materials and parts manufacturers, diversify markets, and improve regulations for investment.
The ceremony was attended by about 300 participants from the industry and academia, including Korea Display Industry Association (KDIA) President Lee Dong-hoon and Korea Information Display Society (KIDS) President Shin Sungtae.
The annual Display Day event was first held in 2010 to commemorate the day the country’s annual display exports exceeded USD 10 billion for the first time in October 2006.
- Trade Minister Kim discusses changing trade conditions with commercial attaches 2019-02-13
- Vice Minister Cheong to lead efforts for public-private investment promotion 2019-02-12
- Industry Ministry announces 1st set of ‘regulatory sandbox’ cases for new business models 2019-02-11
- Trade Minister Kim discusses export promotion strategies for 2019 2019-02-11
- Minister Sung discusses industrial revitalization and innovation with think tank leaders 2019-02-07
- Trade Minister Kim extends outreach to US lawmakers 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim talks with Trump administration’s economic team 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim meets with US Senator Steve Daines in Washington, DC 2019-01-31