Minister Sung appreciates progress made in display industry at 9th Display Day 2018-10-01
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo appreciated the progress made in the Korean display industry and referred to it as an exemplary case of innovation-driven growth at the celebration of the 9th Display Day in Seoul on October 1.
During his speech at the ceremony, Minister Sung said the Ministry will provide full policy support for the display sector to develop next-generation display panels after liquid-crystal displays (LCDs) and organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), foster world-class OLED materials and parts manufacturers, diversify markets, and improve regulations for investment.
The ceremony was attended by about 300 participants from the industry and academia, including Korea Display Industry Association (KDIA) President Lee Dong-hoon and Korea Information Display Society (KIDS) President Shin Sungtae.
The annual Display Day event was first held in 2010 to commemorate the day the country’s annual display exports exceeded USD 10 billion for the first time in October 2006.
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11
- Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
- Minister Sung signs action plan with Vietnamese counterpart to boost trade cooperation 2018-12-06
- Minister Sung delivers speech at conference for attracting Busan World Expo 2030 2018-12-04
- Industry Ministry and OECD host joint forum on business innovation in Seoul 2018-11-23
- Minister Sung meets with U.S. Ambassador to Korea Harry Harris 2018-11-16
- Minister Sung chairs meeting with automakers and auto parts suppliers 2018-11-14
- Minister Sung meets with Canadian Senate Speaker George Furey 2018-11-12