Minister Sung appreciates progress made in display industry at 9th Display Day 2018-10-01
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo appreciated the progress made in the Korean display industry and referred to it as an exemplary case of innovation-driven growth at the celebration of the 9th Display Day in Seoul on October 1.
During his speech at the ceremony, Minister Sung said the Ministry will provide full policy support for the display sector to develop next-generation display panels after liquid-crystal displays (LCDs) and organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), foster world-class OLED materials and parts manufacturers, diversify markets, and improve regulations for investment.
The ceremony was attended by about 300 participants from the industry and academia, including Korea Display Industry Association (KDIA) President Lee Dong-hoon and Korea Information Display Society (KIDS) President Shin Sungtae.
The annual Display Day event was first held in 2010 to commemorate the day the country’s annual display exports exceeded USD 10 billion for the first time in October 2006.
- Minister Sung attends Korea-Italy Business Networking Seminar in Rome 2018-10-18
- Minister Sung meets with French corporate leaders at Korea-France Business Roundtable 2018-10-17
- Minister Sung hosts Korea-EU Investment Roundtable 2018 in Paris 2018-10-16
- Minister Sung underlines value of energy transition at New Energy Industry Business Dialogue 2018-10-05
- Vice Minister Cheong gives speech at Korea Energy Show 2018 2018-10-02
- Minister Sung appreciates progress made in display industry at 9th Display Day 2018-10-01
- Minister Sung takes office as 60th chief of Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy 2018-09-27
- Trade Minister Kim, USTR Lighthizer sign revised KORUS FTA 2018-09-24