Vice Minister Cheong awards government prizes on 18th Foreign Company Day 2018-11-05
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Cheong Seung-il (center) awarded government prizes to 46 individuals and organizations that contributed to foreign investment in Korea during a ceremony of the 2018 Foreign Company Day held in Seoul on November 5.
During its 18th commemoration, Vice Minister Cheong said that the foreign-invested enterprises in Korea have become one of key contributors to the country’s economy, accounting for 12 percent of the total sales, 20.2 percent of the total exports, and 5.7 percent of the total employment of domestic companies.
Vice Minister Cheong also highlighted that Korea has many attractive aspects for investors, including its extensive free trade agreement networks and its established value chains with multinational companies.
The event was attended by about 400 participants, including Korea Foreign Company Association Chairman Lee Sung-hyun, EU Ambassador to Korea Michael Reiterer, and American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) Korea Chairman James Kim.
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with Brazil’s Foreign Minister Araújo in Paris 2019-05-24
- Trade Minister Yoo speaks at 2019 OECD Ministerial Council Meeting in Paris 2019-05-24
- Minister Sung visits hydrogen fueling station in Anseong 2019-05-23
- Korea, Brazil to strengthen trade, investment ties 2019-05-22
- Vice Minister Cheong discusses industrial ties with his UK counterparts in London 2019-05-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US NEC Director Kudlow in Washington 2019-05-16
- Korea strives to spur innovation in bio-health industry 2019-05-15
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US Commerce Secretary Ross in Washington 2019-05-15