Vice Minister Cheong awards government prizes on 18th Foreign Company Day 2018-11-05
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Cheong Seung-il (center) awarded government prizes to 46 individuals and organizations that contributed to foreign investment in Korea during a ceremony of the 2018 Foreign Company Day held in Seoul on November 5.
During its 18th commemoration, Vice Minister Cheong said that the foreign-invested enterprises in Korea have become one of key contributors to the country’s economy, accounting for 12 percent of the total sales, 20.2 percent of the total exports, and 5.7 percent of the total employment of domestic companies.
Vice Minister Cheong also highlighted that Korea has many attractive aspects for investors, including its extensive free trade agreement networks and its established value chains with multinational companies.
The event was attended by about 400 participants, including Korea Foreign Company Association Chairman Lee Sung-hyun, EU Ambassador to Korea Michael Reiterer, and American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) Korea Chairman James Kim.
- Trade Minister Kim discusses changing trade conditions with commercial attaches 2019-02-13
- Vice Minister Cheong to lead efforts for public-private investment promotion 2019-02-12
- Industry Ministry announces 1st set of ‘regulatory sandbox’ cases for new business models 2019-02-11
- Trade Minister Kim discusses export promotion strategies for 2019 2019-02-11
- Minister Sung discusses industrial revitalization and innovation with think tank leaders 2019-02-07
- Trade Minister Kim extends outreach to US lawmakers 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim talks with Trump administration’s economic team 2019-02-06
- Trade Minister Kim meets with US Senator Steve Daines in Washington, DC 2019-01-31