Vice Minister Cheong awards government prizes on 18th Foreign Company Day 2018-11-05
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Cheong Seung-il (center) awarded government prizes to 46 individuals and organizations that contributed to foreign investment in Korea during a ceremony of the 2018 Foreign Company Day held in Seoul on November 5.
During its 18th commemoration, Vice Minister Cheong said that the foreign-invested enterprises in Korea have become one of key contributors to the country’s economy, accounting for 12 percent of the total sales, 20.2 percent of the total exports, and 5.7 percent of the total employment of domestic companies.
Vice Minister Cheong also highlighted that Korea has many attractive aspects for investors, including its extensive free trade agreement networks and its established value chains with multinational companies.
The event was attended by about 400 participants, including Korea Foreign Company Association Chairman Lee Sung-hyun, EU Ambassador to Korea Michael Reiterer, and American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) Korea Chairman James Kim.
- Trade Minister Yoo discusses with American businesses in Seoul 2019-06-28
- Vice Minister Cheong reviews Nano-Convergence 2020 Program 2019-06-28
- Korea, Malaysia announce official launch of FTA talks 2019-06-28
- Minister Sung discusses bilateral ties with Saudi Energy Minister in Seoul 2019-06-27
- Minister Sung attends Seoul Climate and Energy Summit 2019 2019-06-27
- Korea, Indonesia hold industry ministerial meeting in Seoul 2019-06-26
- Korean universities launch programs to train students in system chip design 2019-06-25
- Korea, Russia announce launch of FTA talks in service, investment 2019-06-21