Minister Sung meets with steel industry leaders to share policy directions for 2019 2019-01-10
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (center) met with steel industry leaders to share the Korean government’s 2019 policy directions at a new year’s gathering in Seoul on January 10.
During his congratulatory remarks at the meeting, Minister Sung praised their efforts in achieving steel exports of $600 billion last year amid rising global protectionism and other uncertainties.
To overcome the challenges posed by internal and external factors this year, Minister Sung asked for concerted efforts in three different aspects: diversifying export markets, establishing smart steel factories, and bolstering competitiveness by focusing on high-value added products.
The event was attended by more than 200 representatives from the steel sector, including Korea Iron and Steel Association (KOSA) Chairman Choi Jung-woo, Lawmaker Park Myung-jae, and Hyundai Steel Vice Chairman Kim Yong-hwan.
- Minister Sung meets with Saudi ministers to advance bilateral cooperation 2019-01-15
- Minister Sung visits UAE to enhance industrial bilateral ties 2019-01-14
- Minister Sung meets with steel industry leaders to share policy directions for 2019 2019-01-10
- Vice Minister Cheong delivers speech at conference for global market entry strategies 2019-01-09
- Minister Sung shares policy directions for 2019 with petrochemical industry leaders 2019-01-08
- Minister Sung visits Korea’s largest port in Busan to encourage shipping industry workers 2019-01-01
- Minister Sung awards government prizes to robot industry contributors 2018-12-19
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11