Minister Sung discusses industrial revitalization and innovation with think tank leaders 2019-02-07
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (fourth from the left) discussed industrial revitalization and innovation at a meeting with Korean think tank leaders that took place at the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) in Seoul on February 7.
At the meeting, Minister Sung mentioned that while recent difficult export conditions largely resulted from the impact of external factors such as the U.S.-China trade dispute, a global economic slowdown, and falling oil prices, now is the time to review Korea’s manufacturing sector for its improvement in quality because more focus could’ve been placed on quantitative growth.
During the discussion, the participants exchanged their views on external risk factors to the Korean economy, response plans for the manufacturing industry, and the role of industrial policies.
The meeting was attended by directors from eight different private and public think tanks, including Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade (KIET) President Chang Ji-sang, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP) President Lee Jae-young, and Samsung Economic Research Institute (SERI) President Cha Moon-joong.
- Minister Sung discusses with Korean business representatives in Kazakhstan 2019-04-22
- Minister Sung convenes breakfast meeting with Korean business leaders in Uzbekistan 2019-04-19
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with ADB President Nakao in Manila 2019-04-17
- Korea, Philippines hold trade ministerial meeting in Manila 2019-04-17
- Minister Sung and Turkmen Finance Minister vow to step up cooperation in industry and energy 2019-04-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US Senator Rob Portman in Seoul 2019-04-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with UK Ambassador to Korea Simon Smith 2019-04-11
- Korea, EU trade chiefs co-chair 8th FTA Trade Committee Meeting in Seoul 2019-04-09