Minister Sung discusses industrial revitalization and innovation with think tank leaders 2019-02-07
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (fourth from the left) discussed industrial revitalization and innovation at a meeting with Korean think tank leaders that took place at the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) in Seoul on February 7.
At the meeting, Minister Sung mentioned that while recent difficult export conditions largely resulted from the impact of external factors such as the U.S.-China trade dispute, a global economic slowdown, and falling oil prices, now is the time to review Korea’s manufacturing sector for its improvement in quality because more focus could’ve been placed on quantitative growth.
During the discussion, the participants exchanged their views on external risk factors to the Korean economy, response plans for the manufacturing industry, and the role of industrial policies.
The meeting was attended by directors from eight different private and public think tanks, including Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade (KIET) President Chang Ji-sang, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP) President Lee Jae-young, and Samsung Economic Research Institute (SERI) President Cha Moon-joong.
- Trade Minister Yoo discusses with American businesses in Seoul 2019-06-28
- Vice Minister Cheong reviews Nano-Convergence 2020 Program 2019-06-28
- Korea, Malaysia announce official launch of FTA talks 2019-06-28
- Minister Sung discusses bilateral ties with Saudi Energy Minister in Seoul 2019-06-27
- Minister Sung attends Seoul Climate and Energy Summit 2019 2019-06-27
- Korea, Indonesia hold industry ministerial meeting in Seoul 2019-06-26
- Korean universities launch programs to train students in system chip design 2019-06-25
- Korea, Russia announce launch of FTA talks in service, investment 2019-06-21