Korea, EU trade chiefs co-chair 8th FTA Trade Committee Meeting in Seoul 2019-04-09
Trade Minister Yoo Myung-hee (second from the left) and European Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmström (right) co-chaired the eighth meeting of the Korea-EU Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Trade Committee in Seoul on April 9.
On the occasion of this ministerial meeting, the two sides reviewed the implementation of the FTA, discussed bilateral trade issues, and explored ways to respond to global protectionism.
The Korean officials and their EU counterparts discussed how to improve mutual market access by exploring a range of issues including trade remedies, tariffs, intellectual properties, and sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures. Labor, environment, and sustainable development were also among the topics of discussion.
The meeting was attended by more than 40 government officials from both countries.
- Minister Sung discusses with Korean business representatives in Kazakhstan 2019-04-22
- Minister Sung convenes breakfast meeting with Korean business leaders in Uzbekistan 2019-04-19
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with ADB President Nakao in Manila 2019-04-17
- Korea, Philippines hold trade ministerial meeting in Manila 2019-04-17
- Minister Sung and Turkmen Finance Minister vow to step up cooperation in industry and energy 2019-04-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US Senator Rob Portman in Seoul 2019-04-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with UK Ambassador to Korea Simon Smith 2019-04-11
- Korea, EU trade chiefs co-chair 8th FTA Trade Committee Meeting in Seoul 2019-04-09