Industry Ministry hosts ‘Korea Eureka Day 2019’ in UK 2019-05-15
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Cheong Seung-il (third from the left) delivered welcoming remarks at the opening ceremony of “Korea Eureka Day 2019” held in Manchester, UK, on May 14 (local time).
During his speech, Vice Minister Cheong said in times of accelerating technological innovation and shifting global value chains, the competitiveness of products depends on that of core technologies. He also hoped that the EUREKA network would expand its scope and depth of cooperation.
Marking its 10th anniversary this year, Korea Eureka Day is the biggest networking opportunity for industries, academia, and research institutions of Korea and Europe to promote cooperation in technology.
Scheduled to be held from May 14 to 16, this year’s event is expected to allow participants to find partners and discuss collaborations in Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies, such as future cars, clean energy, and biotechnology.
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with Brazil’s Foreign Minister Araújo in Paris 2019-05-24
- Trade Minister Yoo speaks at 2019 OECD Ministerial Council Meeting in Paris 2019-05-24
- Minister Sung visits hydrogen fueling station in Anseong 2019-05-23
- Korea, Brazil to strengthen trade, investment ties 2019-05-22
- Vice Minister Cheong discusses industrial ties with his UK counterparts in London 2019-05-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US NEC Director Kudlow in Washington 2019-05-16
- Korea strives to spur innovation in bio-health industry 2019-05-15
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US Commerce Secretary Ross in Washington 2019-05-15