Minister Sung discusses future car industry at CES 2020 2020-01-08
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (left) met with Uber Elevate Head Eric Allison (right) in Las Vegas, on January 7 (local time), to discuss the future of the automotive industry as well as the measures to expand cooperation in flying car projects.
Uber Elevate, an internal team at Uber Technologies working toward aerial ridesharing, has teamed up with Hyundai Motor to develop aerial transportation.
Minister Sung proposed cooperation and investment possibilities, emphasizing that there are various investment incentives for foreign firms and technological competitiveness in key areas of flying car development including ICT, batteries, and lightweight products.
Minister Sung also met with the leaders of Silicon Valley-based global tech companies in the artificial intelligence sector such as Google to exchange ideas about creating new businesses and expanding cooperation with Korea.
- Vice Minister Cheong visits Korean photoresist manufacturer in Hwaseong 2020-01-15
- Minister Sung visits Power to Gas solution provider 2020-01-13
- Korea attracts DuPont investment to diversify EUV photoresist supply 2020-01-09
- Minister Sung discusses future car industry at CES 2020 2020-01-08
- Vice Minister Cheong holds meeting with petrochemical firms after Iran attack 2020-01-08
- Minister Sung visits Korean hydrogen fluoride manufacturer 2020-01-02
- Minister Sung discusses policy directions for Renewable Energy 3020 initiative 2019-12-20
- Vice Minister Cheong meets with Sweden’s State Secretary to Minister for Industry and Innovation 2019-12-19