Minister Sung discusses future car industry at CES 2020 2020-01-08
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (left) met with Uber Elevate Head Eric Allison (right) in Las Vegas, on January 7 (local time), to discuss the future of the automotive industry as well as the measures to expand cooperation in flying car projects.
Uber Elevate, an internal team at Uber Technologies working toward aerial ridesharing, has teamed up with Hyundai Motor to develop aerial transportation.
Minister Sung proposed cooperation and investment possibilities, emphasizing that there are various investment incentives for foreign firms and technological competitiveness in key areas of flying car development including ICT, batteries, and lightweight products.
Minister Sung also met with the leaders of Silicon Valley-based global tech companies in the artificial intelligence sector such as Google to exchange ideas about creating new businesses and expanding cooperation with Korea.
- Korea to resume WTO complaint over Japan’s export restrictions on key materials 2020-06-03
- Industry Ministry holds 6th post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with construction equipment makers 2020-05-27
- MOTIE signs MOU to test-run hydrogen powered trucks and taxis 2020-05-14
- Trade Minister Yoo talks with WTO director-general and calls for contingency guidelines 2020-05-13
- Korea renews call for Japan to lift export curbs on three key materials 2020-05-12
- Industry Ministry holds 2nd post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with representatives of materials, parts and equipment sectors 2020-05-11
- Korea, EU discuss global trade issues amid COVID19 pandemic 2020-05-08
- Minister Sung discusses cooperative measures for post-corona economic recovery with representatives of foreign-invested companies in Korea 2020-05-07