Trade Minister Yoo stresses importance of international rules for e-commerce and digital trade at Davos 2020-01-28
Trade Minister Yoo Myung-hee (center) attended a meeting of trade ministers on WTO e-commerce negotiations at the 2020 World Economic Forum held in Davos, Switzerland, on January 24 (local time), to discuss the importance of the establishment of digital trade rules.
Trade Minister Yoo said that provision of global digital trade agreements is one of the key tasks of the WTO to facilitate digital trade and investment in the era of the AI-driven 4th Industrial Revolution. She also emphasized that negotiations on e-commerce will act as a touchstone to show that the rule-making functions of the WTO are capable of working well.
Korea will continue to put forth efforts for a wide range of issues on digital trade, such as liberalization of digital business, privacy protection, and action against intellectual property infringement.
- Korea to resume WTO complaint over Japan’s export restrictions on key materials 2020-06-03
- Industry Ministry holds 6th post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with construction equipment makers 2020-05-27
- MOTIE signs MOU to test-run hydrogen powered trucks and taxis 2020-05-14
- Trade Minister Yoo talks with WTO director-general and calls for contingency guidelines 2020-05-13
- Korea renews call for Japan to lift export curbs on three key materials 2020-05-12
- Industry Ministry holds 2nd post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with representatives of materials, parts and equipment sectors 2020-05-11
- Korea, EU discuss global trade issues amid COVID19 pandemic 2020-05-08
- Minister Sung discusses cooperative measures for post-corona economic recovery with representatives of foreign-invested companies in Korea 2020-05-07