Minister Sung discusses coronavirus countermeasures with state-funded economic think tank representatives 2020-03-17
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (center) held an emergency meeting with representatives from state-funded research institutes, including the Korea Institute for Industrial Economics, at the Government Complex in Sejong, on March 16, to discuss the coronavirus’s economic fallout and possible countermeasures.
Minister Sung said that with increasing economic damage caused by the COVID-19 spreading across the real economy, the government has to respond differently to the unprecedented situation.
The Ministry will strengthen efforts to minimize damage to exports, respond to falling oil prices, manage stability of the supply chain, and support corporate investments, Sung stressed.
The meeting was attended by officials from the Korea Development Institute, Korea Institute for Industrial Economics, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, and Korea Energy Economics Institute.
- MOTIE holds ROK-Sweden Digital Economy and Trade Forum 2020-11-24
- Korea, Turkmenistan vow to strengthen comprehensive economic cooperation 2020-11-24
- Minister Sung visits site of smart manufacturing demo factory 2020-11-20
- Deputy Minister Joo meets with ASEAN+, EAS energy ministers 2020-11-20
- Minister Sung attends forum to discuss digital-based industrial innovation 2020-11-19
- Minister Sung holds public-private meeting to talk about RCEP 2020-11-18
- Korea, Kazakhstan discuss measures for economic cooperation in various fields 2020-11-17
- Industry Ministry holds industrial strategy dialogue with research institutes 2020-11-16