Trade Minister holds Emergency Trade Assessment Meeting 2022-05-04
The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE)’s Trade Minister Yeo Han-koo held an “Emergency Trade Assessment Meeting” on May 2 at the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) in Seoul to examine trade and response measures amid ongoing external risks and two consecutive months of trade deficit.
Minister Yeo delivered opening remarks, and led discussions on how the Russia-Ukraine situation, China’s zero-COVID lockdowns, Indonesia’s palm oil exports ban, and Myanmar’s new foreign currency rules are impacting Korea’s imports and exports. Trade Commissioners and Consultants shared reports on local trade and market conditions.
The meeting was attended by MOTIE officials and KOTRA personnel via videoconferencing and in-person.
- Minister Lee holds talks with Saudi's Energy Minister 2022-06-24
- Minister Lee holds 25th Energy Commission meeting 2022-06-24
- Korea becomes first Asian country to gain full membership of Eureka 2022-06-23
- 2nd Vice Minister holds Nuclear Energy Industry Competitiveness TF meeting 2022-06-20
- Minister Lee holds 1st Industrial Technology CTO Roundtable 2022-06-17
- Trade Minister attends fisheries subsidies negotiations in 12th WTO Ministerial Conference 2022-06-15
- Trade Minister holds talks on sidelines of OECD 2022 Ministerial Council 2022-06-14
- Trade Minister attends OECD Ministerial Meeting 2022-06-13