Minister Paik presides over investment roundtable in New York 2018-04-19
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Paik Ungyu (center) posed for a photo with American investors at the 2018 Korea-U.S. Investment Roundtable at a hotel in New York on April 18.
The Ministry organized the event to attract more investment from the U.S., promoting cooperation between the two countries for technology development in preparation for the Fourth Industrialization Revolution.
In his opening remarks, Minister Paik emphasized that Korea’s exemption from U.S. steel tariffs and the agreement in principle between the two sides on amendments to the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement have created a stable environment for investment in Korea.
The meeting was attended by representatives from 10 companies in various industries such as biotechnology, petrochemicals, and finance. They include Pfizer Senior Director Jeffery Hamilton (fourth from left), Versum Materials President Guillermo Novo (fifth from left), and EMP Belstar Managing Partner Daniel Yun (sixth from left).
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11
- Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
- Minister Sung signs action plan with Vietnamese counterpart to boost trade cooperation 2018-12-06
- Minister Sung delivers speech at conference for attracting Busan World Expo 2030 2018-12-04
- Industry Ministry and OECD host joint forum on business innovation in Seoul 2018-11-23
- Minister Sung meets with U.S. Ambassador to Korea Harry Harris 2018-11-16
- Minister Sung chairs meeting with automakers and auto parts suppliers 2018-11-14
- Minister Sung meets with Canadian Senate Speaker George Furey 2018-11-12