Minister Paik presides over investment roundtable in New York 2018-04-19
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Paik Ungyu (center) posed for a photo with American investors at the 2018 Korea-U.S. Investment Roundtable at a hotel in New York on April 18.
The Ministry organized the event to attract more investment from the U.S., promoting cooperation between the two countries for technology development in preparation for the Fourth Industrialization Revolution.
In his opening remarks, Minister Paik emphasized that Korea’s exemption from U.S. steel tariffs and the agreement in principle between the two sides on amendments to the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement have created a stable environment for investment in Korea.
The meeting was attended by representatives from 10 companies in various industries such as biotechnology, petrochemicals, and finance. They include Pfizer Senior Director Jeffery Hamilton (fourth from left), Versum Materials President Guillermo Novo (fifth from left), and EMP Belstar Managing Partner Daniel Yun (sixth from left).
- Minister Paik pushes for Korea-Singapore ties in industry, energy, and trade 2018-05-15
- Minister Paik hosts first public-private meeting for industrial innovation and growth 2018-05-11
- Ministry signs MOU with GM to advance Korean auto industry 2018-05-10
- Ministry launches task force to study effect of re-imposed US sanctions on Iran 2018-05-09
- Minister Paik discusses Korea-Japan industrial and trade ties 2018-05-08
- Minister Paik discusses energy cooperation with Japanese tech leader 2018-05-08
- Minister Paik talks with Saudi counterpart to improve energy and industrial ties 2018-05-04
- Minister Paik attends Korea-Turkey business forum 2018-05-02