Minister Sung attends Korea’s 55th Trade Day Ceremony 2018-12-07
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo (center) attended Korea's 55th Trade Day Ceremony to celebrate this year’s trade achievement at COEX in Seoul on December 7.
In 2018, Korea’s trade grew at the fastest rate to reach USD 1 trillion, and its exports are expected to surpass $600 billion for the first time ever.
During a reception after the ceremony, Minister Sung expressed gratitude for the efforts and commitment of trade workers and stressed that now is the time to seek fundamental changes in the trade sector to make a leap forward. He also asked for a concerted effort to advance export industries, to diversify export markets, and to increase exports of small and medium-sized enterprises.
The reception was attended by more than 1,300 trade experts and business leaders, including Korea International Trade Association (KITA) Chairman Kim Young Ju, Korea Employers Federation (KEF) Chairman Sohn Kyung-shik, and Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) President Kwon Pyung-oh.
- Minister Sung meets with Saudi ministers to advance bilateral cooperation 2019-01-15
- Minister Sung visits UAE to enhance industrial bilateral ties 2019-01-14
- Minister Sung meets with steel industry leaders to share policy directions for 2019 2019-01-10
- Vice Minister Cheong delivers speech at conference for global market entry strategies 2019-01-09
- Minister Sung shares policy directions for 2019 with petrochemical industry leaders 2019-01-08
- Minister Sung visits Korea’s largest port in Busan to encourage shipping industry workers 2019-01-01
- Minister Sung awards government prizes to robot industry contributors 2018-12-19
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11