Minister Sung awards government prizes to robot industry contributors 2018-12-19
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo awarded government prizes to individuals who contributed to the development of the robot industry at Robot Professionals’ Night 2018 in Seoul on December 19.
The event showcased ten types of promising robot products, including caring robots and rehabilitation robots. The Korean government plans to roll out about 1,000 of these service robots to three basic local governments by 2019.
During the congratulatory speech, Minister Sung emphasized that the robot industry is important for revitalizing the manufacturing sector and for promoting its innovation. He added that demand for service robots will increase amid a low birth rate, an aging population, and a growing pursuit of a better quality of life.
Among the attendees at the event were Korea Association of Robot Industry (KAR) Vice Chairman Shin Kyeong-cheol, the Financial News CEO Kim Joo-hyun, and KAIST Professor Kwon Dong-soo.
- Minister Sung meets with Saudi ministers to advance bilateral cooperation 2019-01-15
- Minister Sung visits UAE to enhance industrial bilateral ties 2019-01-14
- Minister Sung meets with steel industry leaders to share policy directions for 2019 2019-01-10
- Vice Minister Cheong delivers speech at conference for global market entry strategies 2019-01-09
- Minister Sung shares policy directions for 2019 with petrochemical industry leaders 2019-01-08
- Minister Sung visits Korea’s largest port in Busan to encourage shipping industry workers 2019-01-01
- Minister Sung awards government prizes to robot industry contributors 2018-12-19
- Minister Sung visits groundbreaking ceremony for fuel cell stack plant 2018-12-11