Minister Sung visits Korea’s largest port in Busan to encourage shipping industry workers 2019-01-01
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo (second from the left) visited the city of Busan, Korea’s largest port, to encourage shipping industry workers who are at the frontline of the country’s exports on January 1.
At the port, Minister Sung said that last year’s Korean exports surpassed USD 600 billion for the first time ever, which indicates that Korean businesses and their products have reached the world’s advanced level.
He attributed this achievement to the diversification of export items and export destinations. Improvements were seen in exports of industry goods such as electric vehicles and secondary batteries and those of consumer goods that include cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. In addition, more goods were shipped to emerging markets such as ASEAN, India, and the CIS.
Minister Sung added that the Ministry will respond to downside risks to achieve annual exports of more than $600 billion for the second consecutive year in 2019.
Other visitors to the port include Korea International Trade Association (KITA) Vice Chairman Han Jin-hyun, Busan Port Authority (BPA) CEO Nam Ki-chan, and Hanjin Busan Newport Co. President Jung Se-hwa.
- Korea to resume WTO complaint over Japan’s export restrictions on key materials 2020-06-03
- Industry Ministry holds 6th post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with construction equipment makers 2020-05-27
- MOTIE signs MOU to test-run hydrogen powered trucks and taxis 2020-05-14
- Trade Minister Yoo talks with WTO director-general and calls for contingency guidelines 2020-05-13
- Korea renews call for Japan to lift export curbs on three key materials 2020-05-12
- Industry Ministry holds 2nd post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with representatives of materials, parts and equipment sectors 2020-05-11
- Korea, EU discuss global trade issues amid COVID19 pandemic 2020-05-08
- Minister Sung discusses cooperative measures for post-corona economic recovery with representatives of foreign-invested companies in Korea 2020-05-07