Fashion industry meets ICT technology in Seoul 2019-04-25
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (right) and Seoul City Mayor Park Won-soon (center) attended the opening ceremony of a new state-of-the-art clothing shop in Dongdaemun District, Seoul, on April 25.
The clothing store is capable of designing and producing customized clothes within 24 hours. This was possible because of the Dongdaemun area’s advanced fashion infrastructure and Korea’s competitive information and communications technology (ICT).
During his speech at the event, Minister Sung said that upon this opportunity, Dongdaemun is expected to function as a hub for the fashion technology, leading the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Minister Sung also expected that this effort will contribute to a balanced development of design, production, and logistics of the fashion industry. Digitalization, such as replacing clothing displays with digital lookbooks, will create more space for joint businesses, encouraging more designers to participate in this sector. Meanwhile, small-batch production of high quality products will help improve the incomes of tailors.
- Trade Minister Yoo discusses with American businesses in Seoul 2019-06-28
- Vice Minister Cheong reviews Nano-Convergence 2020 Program 2019-06-28
- Korea, Malaysia announce official launch of FTA talks 2019-06-28
- Minister Sung discusses bilateral ties with Saudi Energy Minister in Seoul 2019-06-27
- Minister Sung attends Seoul Climate and Energy Summit 2019 2019-06-27
- Korea, Indonesia hold industry ministerial meeting in Seoul 2019-06-26
- Korean universities launch programs to train students in system chip design 2019-06-25
- Korea, Russia announce launch of FTA talks in service, investment 2019-06-21