Vice Minister Cheong discusses industrial ties with his UK counterparts in London 2019-05-16
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Cheong Seung-il (second from the left) had a series of meetings with the UK’s Parliamentary Under Secretary of State Andrew Stephenson and Permanent Secretary Alex Chisholm at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in London on May 15 (local time).
The two sides shared each other’s policy directions and agreed to closely cooperate in new future industries such as artificial intelligence, future cars, and biotechnology as a joint response to the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The officials also discussed ways to expand energy cooperation, especially in the hydrogen economy and renewables.
Vice Minister Cheong said that the hydrogen industries of Korea and the UK share similarities and can be complementary to each other. Considering that the hydrogen economy can promote clean energies and innovation-led growth, he suggested active cooperation in hydrogen vehicles, hydrogen stations, and water electrolysis technology.
- Trade Minister Yoo discusses with American businesses in Seoul 2019-06-28
- Vice Minister Cheong reviews Nano-Convergence 2020 Program 2019-06-28
- Korea, Malaysia announce official launch of FTA talks 2019-06-28
- Minister Sung discusses bilateral ties with Saudi Energy Minister in Seoul 2019-06-27
- Minister Sung attends Seoul Climate and Energy Summit 2019 2019-06-27
- Korea, Indonesia hold industry ministerial meeting in Seoul 2019-06-26
- Korean universities launch programs to train students in system chip design 2019-06-25
- Korea, Russia announce launch of FTA talks in service, investment 2019-06-21