Vice Minister Cheong discusses industrial ties with his UK counterparts in London 2019-05-16
Trade, Industry and Energy Vice Minister Cheong Seung-il (second from the left) had a series of meetings with the UK’s Parliamentary Under Secretary of State Andrew Stephenson and Permanent Secretary Alex Chisholm at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in London on May 15 (local time).
The two sides shared each other’s policy directions and agreed to closely cooperate in new future industries such as artificial intelligence, future cars, and biotechnology as a joint response to the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The officials also discussed ways to expand energy cooperation, especially in the hydrogen economy and renewables.
Vice Minister Cheong said that the hydrogen industries of Korea and the UK share similarities and can be complementary to each other. Considering that the hydrogen economy can promote clean energies and innovation-led growth, he suggested active cooperation in hydrogen vehicles, hydrogen stations, and water electrolysis technology.
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with Brazil’s Foreign Minister Araújo in Paris 2019-05-24
- Trade Minister Yoo speaks at 2019 OECD Ministerial Council Meeting in Paris 2019-05-24
- Minister Sung visits hydrogen fueling station in Anseong 2019-05-23
- Korea, Brazil to strengthen trade, investment ties 2019-05-22
- Vice Minister Cheong discusses industrial ties with his UK counterparts in London 2019-05-16
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US NEC Director Kudlow in Washington 2019-05-16
- Korea strives to spur innovation in bio-health industry 2019-05-15
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with US Commerce Secretary Ross in Washington 2019-05-15