Trade Minister Yoo attends G20 Ministerial Meeting on Trade and Digital Economy 2019-06-10
Trade Minister Yoo Myung-hee (third from the left) attended the G20 Ministerial Meeting on Trade and Digital Economy held in Tsukuba, Japan, from June 8 to 9.
During the discussion on the interface between trade and the digital economy, Trade Minister Yoo said creating rules for digital trade highlights a balance between free data flows and privacy protection as well as a multilateral agreement on minimum standards for technology and regulations. She emphasized that e-commerce negotiations at the World Trade Organization are a significant first step in addressing these issues.
- Korea, Cambodia to launch official negotiations for FTA 2020-07-10
- Minister Sung meets with Uzbekistan’s deputy prime minister for investment and foreign economic affairs 2020-07-07
- Korea launches hydrogen economy drive to foster hydrogen-related businesses 2020-07-01
- Trade Minister Yoo announces bid to run for WTO director-general 2020-06-24
- Korea, Singapore begin talks on digital trade agreement 2020-06-23
- Minister Sung holds joint conference with OECD chief to discuss post-corona trade orders 2020-06-18
- Minister Sung holds emergency meeting after explosion of inter-Korean liaison office 2020-06-17
- Minister Sung holds webinar on Korea’s COVID-19 response to make “K-quarantine model” global standard 2020-06-16