Korea, Norway to cooperate on shipbuilding, robotics 2019-06-13
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (fourth from the left) attended a memorandum of understanding (MOU) signing ceremony for industrial cooperation between Korea and Norway held in Oslo on June 12 (local time).
On the occasion of President Moon Jae-in’s state visit to Norway, a total of four MOUs on shipbuilding and robotics were signed and two Korean ship construction technologies were approved between Seoul and Oslo’s industries.
With the MOUs, concerted efforts will be made in maritime autonomous surface ships, autonomous systems for drillships, eco-friendly ship paint, and robot testing and certification.
The event was attended by industrial representatives from both countries, including Hyundai Heavy Industries President Ka Sam-hyun, DNV GL Group President Remi Eriksen, and Korea Institute for Robot Industry Advancement (KIRIA) Moon Jeon-il.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of diplomatic ties between Korea and Norway.
- Korea, UK sign continuity free trade agreement in London 2019-08-23
- Korea, Israel sign bilateral free trade agreement in Jerusalem 2019-08-22
- Trade Minister Yoo presides over 14th trade promotion meeting in Seoul 2019-08-20
- Minister Sung meets with reps. of state-run research institutes for materials and parts 2019-08-09
- Trade minister Yoo Meets with Australia’s Trade Minister 2019-08-06
- Trade Minister Yoo Attends the 8th RCEP Intersessional Ministerial Meeting 2019-08-05
- Minister Sung meets with Pakistan’s Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce 2019-08-01
- Trade Minister Yoo delivers speech at the Korea-Israel economic forum in Seoul 2019-07-17