Seoul, Stockholm vow to cooperate in bio-health industry 2019-06-17
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (third from the right) visited AstraZeneca’s pharmaceutical plant in Södertälje on June 15 (local time) to attend a letter of intent (LOI) signing ceremony for cooperation in the bio-health industry on the occasion of President Moon Jae-in’s state visit to Sweden.
The LOI was signed between the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), the Korea Biotechnology Industry Organization (KoreaBio), and AstraZeneca. With the letter, the signatories will enhance cooperation in various areas such as nurturing Korean biotech startups, developing new medicines, and advancing future healthcare technology.
The event was attended by industry officials from both countries, including KOTRA President Kwon Pyung-oh, KoreaBio President Seo Jeong-sun, and AstraZeneca’s Head of Sweden Operations Derek Seaborn.
- Trade Minister Yoo discusses with American businesses in Seoul 2019-06-28
- Vice Minister Cheong reviews Nano-Convergence 2020 Program 2019-06-28
- Korea, Malaysia announce official launch of FTA talks 2019-06-28
- Minister Sung discusses bilateral ties with Saudi Energy Minister in Seoul 2019-06-27
- Minister Sung attends Seoul Climate and Energy Summit 2019 2019-06-27
- Korea, Indonesia hold industry ministerial meeting in Seoul 2019-06-26
- Korean universities launch programs to train students in system chip design 2019-06-25
- Korea, Russia announce launch of FTA talks in service, investment 2019-06-21