Seoul, Stockholm vow to cooperate in bio-health industry 2019-06-17
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (third from the right) visited AstraZeneca’s pharmaceutical plant in Södertälje on June 15 (local time) to attend a letter of intent (LOI) signing ceremony for cooperation in the bio-health industry on the occasion of President Moon Jae-in’s state visit to Sweden.
The LOI was signed between the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), the Korea Biotechnology Industry Organization (KoreaBio), and AstraZeneca. With the letter, the signatories will enhance cooperation in various areas such as nurturing Korean biotech startups, developing new medicines, and advancing future healthcare technology.
The event was attended by industry officials from both countries, including KOTRA President Kwon Pyung-oh, KoreaBio President Seo Jeong-sun, and AstraZeneca’s Head of Sweden Operations Derek Seaborn.
- Korea to resume WTO complaint over Japan’s export restrictions on key materials 2020-06-03
- Industry Ministry holds 6th post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with construction equipment makers 2020-05-27
- MOTIE signs MOU to test-run hydrogen powered trucks and taxis 2020-05-14
- Trade Minister Yoo talks with WTO director-general and calls for contingency guidelines 2020-05-13
- Korea renews call for Japan to lift export curbs on three key materials 2020-05-12
- Industry Ministry holds 2nd post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with representatives of materials, parts and equipment sectors 2020-05-11
- Korea, EU discuss global trade issues amid COVID19 pandemic 2020-05-08
- Minister Sung discusses cooperative measures for post-corona economic recovery with representatives of foreign-invested companies in Korea 2020-05-07