Korea participates in G20 Energy Ministerial Meeting held in Japan 2019-06-17
Deputy Minister for Energy and Resources Joo Young-joon of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy attended the G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth held in Nagano, Japan from June 15 to 16.
At this year’s meeting, G20 energy and environment ministers were gathered to explore ways to accelerate a virtuous cycle of environment protection and economic growth.
During the event, Deputy Minister Joo highlighted that an innovative paradigm shift in the energy sector is vital in responding to climate change and promoting sustainable growth. He also introduced Korea’s energy transition policy that focuses on renewable energy sources and energy efficiency improvement, emphasizing the country’s contributions to the international community.
- Trade Minister Yoo meets with ASEAN ambassadors 2019-11-19
- Minister Sung meets with Qatar Energy Minister 2019-11-19
- Vice Minister Cheong meets with US Under Secretary of State 2019-11-07
- Trade Minister Yoo met with Governor of Oregon 2019-11-07
- Minister Sung meets with industry leaders to discuss RCEP and FTAs with Southeast Asian countries 2019-11-07
- Vice Minister Cheong meets with Latvian Economy Minister 2019-10-29
- Korea signs implementing agreement for renewable energy cooperation with the Philippines 2019-10-29
- Minister Sung delivers welcoming speech at KIREC Seoul 2019 2019-10-23