Minister Sung discusses future car industry at CES 2020 2020-01-08
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (left) met with Uber Elevate Head Eric Allison (right) in Las Vegas, on January 7 (local time), to discuss the future of the automotive industry as well as the measures to expand cooperation in flying car projects.
Uber Elevate, an internal team at Uber Technologies working toward aerial ridesharing, has teamed up with Hyundai Motor to develop aerial transportation.
Minister Sung proposed cooperation and investment possibilities, emphasizing that there are various investment incentives for foreign firms and technological competitiveness in key areas of flying car development including ICT, batteries, and lightweight products.
Minister Sung also met with the leaders of Silicon Valley-based global tech companies in the artificial intelligence sector such as Google to exchange ideas about creating new businesses and expanding cooperation with Korea.
- Industry Ministry launches support group for innovation of materials, parts and equipment industries 2020-04-07
- Trade Minister Yoo proposes G20 collaboration on businesspeople mobility amid COVID19 outbreak 2020-03-31
- Minister Sung discusses impacts of coronavirus on auto parts industry 2020-03-23
- Trade Minister Yoo calls for more active role of KOTRA’s offices overseas in supporting exporters hit by COVID-19 2020-03-19
- Minister Sung discusses coronavirus countermeasures with state-funded economic think tank representatives 2020-03-17
- Korea hosts 8th director general-level export control policy dialogue with Japan 2020-03-11
- Minister Sung inspects economic impact of COVID-19 outbreak on regional industries in Daegu and Gyeongbuk 2020-02-28
- Minister Sung discusses impacts of coronavirus outbreak on Korean trade 2020-02-03