Minister Sung discusses coronavirus countermeasures with state-funded economic think tank representatives 2020-03-17
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (center) held an emergency meeting with representatives from state-funded research institutes, including the Korea Institute for Industrial Economics, at the Government Complex in Sejong, on March 16, to discuss the coronavirus’s economic fallout and possible countermeasures.
Minister Sung said that with increasing economic damage caused by the COVID-19 spreading across the real economy, the government has to respond differently to the unprecedented situation.
The Ministry will strengthen efforts to minimize damage to exports, respond to falling oil prices, manage stability of the supply chain, and support corporate investments, Sung stressed.
The meeting was attended by officials from the Korea Development Institute, Korea Institute for Industrial Economics, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, and Korea Energy Economics Institute.
- Industry Ministry launches support group for innovation of materials, parts and equipment industries 2020-04-07
- Trade Minister Yoo proposes G20 collaboration on businesspeople mobility amid COVID19 outbreak 2020-03-31
- Minister Sung discusses impacts of coronavirus on auto parts industry 2020-03-23
- Trade Minister Yoo calls for more active role of KOTRA’s offices overseas in supporting exporters hit by COVID-19 2020-03-19
- Minister Sung discusses coronavirus countermeasures with state-funded economic think tank representatives 2020-03-17
- Korea hosts 8th director general-level export control policy dialogue with Japan 2020-03-11
- Minister Sung inspects economic impact of COVID-19 outbreak on regional industries in Daegu and Gyeongbuk 2020-02-28
- Minister Sung discusses impacts of coronavirus outbreak on Korean trade 2020-02-03