Minister Sung visits shipbuilding materials manufacturer to discuss coronavirus countermeasures 2020-04-24
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yun-mo (center) made an on-site visit to Hankuk Carbon, a local manufacturer of composite materials used to build LNG thermal insulation panels, in Miryang, Gyeongnam Province, on April 24, to check the situation of the shipbuilding equipment industry and discuss support measures in response to the plunge in shipbuilding contracts resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak.
Minister Sung said that the Ministry will make all-out efforts to not only relieve short-term financial difficulties and provide liquidity support for the industry, but also actively assist the development of core technologies as a mid to long-term strategy to boost global competitiveness.
- Industry Ministry holds 6th post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with construction equipment makers 2020-05-27
- MOTIE signs MOU to test-run hydrogen powered trucks and taxis 2020-05-14
- Trade Minister Yoo talks with WTO director-general and calls for contingency guidelines 2020-05-13
- Korea renews call for Japan to lift export curbs on three key materials 2020-05-12
- Industry Ministry holds 2nd post-corona industrial strategy dialogue with representatives of materials, parts and equipment sectors 2020-05-11
- Korea, EU discuss global trade issues amid COVID19 pandemic 2020-05-08
- Minister Sung discusses cooperative measures for post-corona economic recovery with representatives of foreign-invested companies in Korea 2020-05-07
- Trade Minister talks with Philippine and Australian ministers to discuss cooperative measures against COVID19 2020-04-27