- Development plan for printed electronics industry 2014-12-29
- Develop technologies that can replace key technologies of display backplanes (e.g. color filter).
- Improve the functionality of inks for printed electronics, which offer 10,000 times more value-added than general inks.
- Manufacturing technology for versatile and cost-saving wide/super slim RFID tags.
- Display manufacturing technology for smart labels that can process or transmit information through sensors.
- Manufacturing technologies for various wearable devices that require transparent and flexible displays.
- Manufacturing technologies for printed OLED lighting panels and flexible solar panels that are bio-environmentally friendly.
- Provide major universities with a training program using manufacturing equipment from SMEs to develop experts with practical skills and encourage them to join SMEs.
- Produce detailed technology roadmaps for the three key industry segments of materials, equipment and displays based on market demand, and find and develop B2B cooperation projects such as joint research and business development (R&BD) between printed electronics suppliers and customer companies.
- Establish testing- and evaluation-related standards, and support domestic and overseas activities to have such standards adopted as global standards.
- Support experimental production by SMEs with promising technologies and open
- Printing Equipment for Printed Electronics (2014-2015) [English]
- Printed Electronics Technology Trend and Market Forecasts (2013) [Korean]
The printed electronics industry produces electronics combined with printing technology, as well as materials and equipment required to manufacture such products. This promising industry is expected to have applications in a wide range of fields and achieve rapid growth.Necessity of policy
The industry needs greater support to raise its competitiveness through more innovative production methods and to develop new markets with creative, convergence-based products.