Minister Sung discusses measures to localize key materials, parts and equipment in national defense sector 2021-01-19
Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy and Ministry of National Defense held the 7th Meeting for the National Defense Industry Development on January 19, to discuss measures to strengthen the competitiveness of the defense industry and boost exports.
Minister Sung mentioned that in order for the defense industry to become a competitive exporting industry in the post-corona era, it is important to speed up the application of excellent 4th industrial revolution private technologies in the defense sector.
After the signing of the memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA), the Industry Ministry has promoted the local production of K-9 self-propelled howitzers.
In cooperation with related ministries, it will continue to support the development of future technologies and local production of key materials, parts and equipment in the defense industry.
- MOTIE to foster middle-market enterprises through lighthouse project 2021-02-24
- Industry Ministry designates materials, parts and equipment specialized complexes 2021-02-23
- Minister Sung holds Energy Committee meeting to discuss energy policy 2021-02-22
- Minister Sung visits site of green car innovation 2021-02-18
- Trade Minister Yoo attends forum to discuss trade strategy on environmental issues 2021-02-18
- Minister Sung meets with system semiconductor industry representatives 2021-02-16
- Vice Minister Park encourages petrochemical industry’s commitment to go carbon neutral 2021-02-10
- Trade Minister visits logistics site ahead of Lunar New Year holidays 2021-02-09