Minister Sung watches demonstration of hydrogen electric tram concept car 2021-04-19
Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Sung Yunmo (fifth from the left) visited the Changwon plant of Hyundai Rotem, on April 19, where it showcased a concept car of hydrogen-powered tram developed under the regulatory sandbox program.
Hydrogen trams are environment-friendly because they do not generate fine dust or harmful gases, and are considered economical next-generation urban transportation means in the future hydrogen economy because while they can be used for mass transportation, they do not require underground excavation work like subways.
The government will promote localization of core technologies for the development of hydrogen trams for exports starting this year.
- Korea, Israel vow to expand R&D cooperation 2021-05-13
- Korea, Israel sign free trade pact 2021-05-13
- Minister Moon attends Automobile Day Commemoration Event 2021-05-12
- Minister Moon holds meeting with energy firms after cyberattack on U.S pipeline 2021-05-11
- Minister Sung visits local producer of ceramic heaters under government R&D program 2021-04-28
- Minister Sung visits secondary battery materials supplier 2021-04-26
- Government to strengthen franchise industry’s innovative capacity 2021-04-26
- Industry Ministry announces plan to promote development of root industry 2021-04-22