Trade Minister holds Emergency Trade Assessment Meeting 2022-05-04
The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE)’s Trade Minister Yeo Han-koo held an “Emergency Trade Assessment Meeting” on May 2 at the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) in Seoul to examine trade and response measures amid ongoing external risks and two consecutive months of trade deficit.
Minister Yeo delivered opening remarks, and led discussions on how the Russia-Ukraine situation, China’s zero-COVID lockdowns, Indonesia’s palm oil exports ban, and Myanmar’s new foreign currency rules are impacting Korea’s imports and exports. Trade Commissioners and Consultants shared reports on local trade and market conditions.
The meeting was attended by MOTIE officials and KOTRA personnel via videoconferencing and in-person.
- Minister Lee visits KCCI 2022-05-19
- Vice Minister visits Hyundai-Kia Motors AutoLand plant 2022-05-19
- 62nd Trade, Industry and Energy Minister Inauguration Ceremony 2022-05-13
- Trade Minister attends Trade Ministers’ Meeting to discuss Ukraine support 2022-05-06
- Trade Minister holds Emergency Trade Assessment Meeting 2022-05-04
- Trade Minister holds Global Supply Chain Inspection Meeting 2022-04-29
- Trade Minister holds conference with CPTPP members' ambassadors to Korea 2022-04-28
- Trade Minister holds Public-Private Russia and Belarus Exports Restrictions Conference 2022-04-28